Thursday, November 2, 2017

Word Sprints


This one's a little bit different.

It's NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month, which means I - along with LOTS of other people in the world - will be spending a large chunk of time this month trying to bang out a 50,000-word novel in 30 days. It's not supposed to be good; it's supposed to be WRITTEN. Editing can come later, if you like any of what you came up with.

Anyway, a long-held tradition in NaNoWriMo is word sprints. You set a timer for a certain amount of time (frequently 1, 2, or 5 minutes) and write as many words as you possibly can during that time. Then you reset the timer and try again, in an attempt to do better than you did the first round. You can also do word sprints against another person or a group of NaNo-ers, to see who can write the most during the time period.

I did a two-round, two-minute word sprint with myself. I don't remember my word counts, unfortunately, but I do remember that I did better during the second one by about twenty words, so go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment